For many years Becoming Free LLC has provided professionally facilitated support/recovery groups that offer psycho-social education in the context of safe relational support. These groups are for adults who have suffered previous involvement in abusive/harmful religious or spiritual environments.
We are planning a new online support/recovery group for August 19-November 4, 2021 which will take place on doxy.me, a HIPAA compliant video service. This group will meet on Thursday evenings 6:30-8:00pm (MDT). All potential group members will be pre-screened for appropriate involvement and for the safety of our members. Pat will facilitate. The deadline for application is August 10, 2021. As of today (8/5/2021) we have 5 commitments and have room for another 3-5. If you have interest consider the below description and contact us asap.
The intent of these support groups are to provide:
• A safe place to process one’s harmful spiritual involvements
• An improved level of insight to understand one’s experience of religious abuse
• A relational support system with those of similar background
• Information to encourage better spiritual decisions
These support groups will consist of:
• 6-10 adults with similar backgrounds of harmful spiritual abuse.
• A professional facilitator with a similar background as other group members
• Self-respecting guidelines for group support and behaviors
• The use of Psycho-Social education in a context of relational support
These groups will:
• Not involve group therapy or personal counseling
• Not be open to additional members after the 2nd session
• Promote confidentiality to be held within its membership
• Require an intake interview to ensure the safety and applicability of group involvement
• Involve minimal cost for group membership
Would you or someone you know like to attend?
For more information: BecomingFree.email@example.com or call us at 720-227-8695