Becoming Free LLC provides professionally facilitated support/recovery groups that offer psycho-social education in the context of safe relational support. These groups are for adults who have suffered previous involvement in abusive/harmful religious or spiritual environments. Currently no groups are running at this time, however if there is enough interest from those who may have exited a former group, and would like Becoming Free to facilitate a support and recovery group for at least 6 participants, please call Pat and Heidi Knapp at 720-227-8695.
The purpose of the support groups are to provide:
• A safe place to process one’s harmful spiritual involvements
• An improved level of insight to understand one’s experience of religious abuse
• A relational support system with those of similar background
• Information to encourage better spiritual decisions
These support groups will consist of:
• 6-10 adults with similar backgrounds of harmful spiritual abuse.
• A professional facilitator with a similar background as other group members
• Self-respecting guidelines for group support and behaviors
• The use of Psycho-Social education in a context of relational support
These groups will:
• Not involve group therapy or personal counseling
• Not be open to additional members after the 2nd session
• Promote confidentiality to be held within its membership
• The cost is $85/person for all 8-10 meetings, and includes initial assessment. (depending on need, limited financial scholarships may be available)
Would you or someone you know like to attend?
For more information: BecomingFree.firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 720-227-8695